The Association’s 14th conference will be held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, in July 2019. The conference will be jointly coordinated by the American University of Phnom Penh’s Center for Southeast Asian Studies and Rutgers University’s Center for the Study of Genocide and Human Rights.
2019 marks the 40th anniversary of the fall of Cambodia’s genocidal Khmer Rouge regime, making the timing of the conference all the more significant. Please watch the listserv, FaceBook, and the IAGS website for future announcements and more details concerning the conference site, theme, special events, and planned excursions.
We look forward to seeing you all in Cambodia in 2019.
Dr. Henry C. Theriault
Dr. Adam Muller
IAGS First Vice-President
Since 1995, The International Association of Genocide Scholars has held a regular conference. Past conferences and locations:
- 2017, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- 2015, Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2014, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
- 2009, George Mason University, Northern Virginia, USA
- 2007, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 2005, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida, USA
- 2003, University of Galway, Ireland
- 2001, University of Minnesota, Minnesota, USA
- 1999, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
- 1997, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- 1995, College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA