CfP: IAGS conference, July 2017, Brisbane, Australia
Reminder: Call for Papers for the up-coming IAGS conference, July 2017, Brisbane, Australia
The IAGS conference is open to any whose work connects with the study of genocide. We welcome scholars, activists, artists and survivors to examine genocidal violence from a wide range of disciplines and approaches.
The 2017 theme is ‘Justice and the Prevention of Genocide’ (please see the attached PDF flyer for more details on the Call for Papers). The conference website is: www.law.uq.edu.au/iags2017/. The call for papers link is: www.law.uq.edu.au/iags2017/call-papers. Please note that the deadline for submissions is 15 December 2016.
On the website, you will find information about coming to Brisbane, the venue (the St Lucia campus of the University of Queensland), and information on how to submit your abstract. We welcome panels and suggestions for workshops also (please see the CFP link).
Some of our confirmed keynote speakers include:
· Prof. Alex Bellamy (head of the Asia Pacific Centre for the Responsibility to Protect)
· Prof. Robert Cribb (expert on cases of genocide in Southeast Asia, from the Australian National University)
· Prof. Lyndall Ryan (expert on the genocide of indigenous peoples in Australia, from Newcastle University)
· Mr. William Smith, AM (Deputy Co-Prosecutor of the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia), and
· Dr. Pheobe Wynn-Pope (Directory, IHL and Movement Relations, the Australian Red Cross).
Information will also be made available soon about registrations and scholarships. If you have any questions, please get in touch! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Melanie O’Brien and Dr Annie Pohlman (co-convenors)