GSP-Call for Papers
Genocide Studies and Prevention: An International Journal (http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/gsp/).
CALL FOR PAPERS – Special Issue:
Time, Movement, and Space: Genocide Studies and Indigenous Peoples
To highlight the excellent scholarship presented at the Eleventh Conference of The International Association of Genocide Scholars (IAGS), Genocide Studies and Prevention: An International Journal (GSP) invites paper submissions related to the conference’s theme: "Time, Movement, and Space: Genocide Studies and Indigenous Peoples."
Innovative papers that consider the spatial and temporal issues as applied to genocides of Indigenous peoples and their commemoration are particularly encouraged, as are comparative studies. In particular, we will select papers that reflect on the experiences of Indigenous peoples around the globe, who have been victims of genocidal destruction. Potential topics include:
- How do destructive processes such as genocide form and take shape over time and across space?
- In what ways do time, movement, territory, space, and place factor into the study of genocide?
- How are spaces and places mobilised in the destruction of Indigenous groups?
- How do the spatial and temporal aspects of colonial and settler genocide compare and contrast with those of other genocides?
- How does territory contribute to the persistence of groups, and from whose perspective, as well as to the mechanisms required for genocide’s redress?
- How might we envision new spaces for cohabitation and reconciliation in the aftermath of, or amidst ongoing, genocidal processes?
- And what technological and other means do institutions have available to accommodate Indigenous knowledge and authentically represent Indigenous experiences of genocide?
The special issue will be edited by Tricia E. Logan and David MacDonald.
Papers should be submitted electronically through the GSP website via the 'Submit Article' link at http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/gsp/ by no later than October 15, 2014. After internal review by the special issue editors (in consultation with the GSP editorial board), the papers will be sent for double blind external review prior to inclusion.
Dr. Christian Gudehus, Editor-in-Chief
Genocide Studies and Prevention: An International Journal
Fakultät für Sozialwissenschaft
Lehrstuhl für Sozialtheorie und Sozialpsychologie
Gebäude GB 04/142